Recent and ongoing activities include:
- March 2017, workshop on conflict, aid, and refugees @ University of Arizona.
- April 2018, workshop on refugees, forced migration, and conflict @ International Studies Association in San Francisco.
- Ongoing: Preparation of a special issue of Journal of Peace Research on refugees, forced migration, and conflict.
ReForM-Net has plans to coordinate additional activities, including:
- A roster of academics conducting empirical research on refugees and forced migrants;
- Mentoring of graduate students and junior faculty;
- Retreats, for planning and writing, including work towards collaborative grants and development of dissertation projects;
- Short-term exchanges for faculty and graduate students to support collaboration and training;
- Collective outreach to policy and migrant communities;
- Bringing members together for workshops;
- Webinars to disseminate training and new conceptual approaches, including innovative data presentation and visualization techniques;
- Management of this public website, to include details of activities, a working paper series, and a data repository;
- Coordinating applications for special issues, edited volumes, and externally-sponsored workshops.